The Juventus forward believes his side have what it takes to return in their first leg deficit.

Cristiano Ronaldo says Juventus aren’t worried about being removed from the Champions League despite dropping to Lyon in their round of 16 first leg.

The Ligue 1 side pulled off arguably the greatest upset in the contest so far when they beat Maurizio Sarri’s guys 1-0 on Wednesday.

Lucas Tousart scored the sole aim of the match as the Bianconeri set several undesirable records at the ends of the pitch.

The off side dominated possession but struggled in the last third, failing to register a single shot on goal over the course of the 90 minutes.

The day also saw Lyon beat Juventus in the European contest for the very first time, having lost three of their past four these experiences and handling a single draw.

Juve welcome their French opponents to Turin in the return leg in mid-March, and their star forward is convinced that the hosts can advance to another phase of the competition.

“We’re not concerned about exiting the Champions League,” said Ronaldo.

“It’s the toughest competition there is in this game. I am impatient to play the return leg in Allianz Stadium.

“I am convinced that we’ll qualify”.

Juventus suffered their first defeat of the European campaign in the hands of Lyon after going unbeaten in the group stages, winning five and drawing once in Group D.

Their effort began with a dramatic 2-2 draw at Atletico Madrid, with Sarri’s side then beating Bayer Leverkusen and Lokomotiv Moscow both home and off to the top spot.

Ronaldo has two goals in the contest this time around, but sits top of the all-time leaderboard with 128, 14 before Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.

The pair have dominated the standings lately, with the Portuguese attacker asserting the top scorer award in three of the previous four seasons.

Messi does, however, hold the record for the most Champions League goals for one club, with all his 114 coming in the colors of Barcelona, in comparison to Ronaldo’s 106 for Real Madrid before his switch to Italy.

Juve’s next game sees them host Inter on Sunday evening, a game that will be played behind closed doors in an attempt to contain the spread of this coronavirus in Italy.